CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yummy Grilled Peaches




Yesterday I saw this on tv, and thought that it would be a yummy treat to make! I would have never thought to grill up some peaches! It's delicious-almost like a peach cobbler without the crust! I also put a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, and the glaze was TO DIE FOR!! Here is this yummy recipe:

4 large peaches
2-3 Tbs. water
4 Tbs. butter (I didn't use this much butter)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 tsp. rum extract (I used Almond)
Vanilla ice-cream

In a sauce pan, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, rum extract, water, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat for 3-5 min. until thick and syrupy.
Meanwhile, wash and dry the peaches and cut in half. Remove the pits. Spray the peaches lightly with Pam. Place cut side down and grill over med-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Turn peaches over and spoon the brown sugar syrup mixture over the top, filling up the pit cavity. Continue grilling until the syrup is bubbly and the peaches are soft. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream and more syrup drizzled over the top!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! If you have any yummy recipes to share-please email me!!! I am always looking for new recipes!

6 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny DeeAnn said...

Yum, yum! Now if I could get the peaches off of the tree I'd be in heaven!!! Peaches in Vegas suck!!!

Souza Family said...

I don't really even like peaches, but that looks yummy. We got a bunch from the orchard last week and I made my first pie, apparently it was good, I didn't try it. How are you?

McDuffie Family said...

Oooooooooo yummy! Ilove peaches and currently have a bajillion(okay not really,but it sure feels like it) thanks for the post! I am very excited and yet scared of being prego again! we find out next week(aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!) I can't believe it's here! Let's go to the park next week! I was so so so sad when they took you from our group, but that's okay, we'll just have to get together other ways!

April Leydsman Mason said...

Those look so good. We are going to have to give those a try. We love bbqing so this will be a good desert.

Kaytee Postma said...

check out my blog. it's your turn to do the "I..." post